Choosing which LLC formation service is right for your business does not need to be difficult. Read the top 5 LLC formation services ranked according to expert advice from TRUiC (and how these services can put your business at an advantage).
Benefits of hiring an LLC formation service
- A main advantage of opting to use a service is that it frees up a lot of your time. This allows you to focus your time on other matters of the business such as growth and development.
- LLC formation services can help keep costs down. This is ideal if your business is a start-up.
- Using these services give you access to affordable and attractive features such as hiring a registered agent for your LLC, obtaining your Employer Identification Number and creating an operating agreement.
- Many services extend beyond setting up your LLC. Some offer ongoing legal advice to ensure your business’s continued and cemented growth.
- Read more if you would like us to compare LLC formation services in more detail.
Top 5 LLC formation services in the US
There are numerous services currently operating that will form your LLC for you quickly and legally. However, some are definitely better than others. Read these top 5 LLC services to help make your decision-making process a little easier:
- ZenBusiness (ideal for small businesses)
- Rocket Lawyer (best for ongoing legal services)
- Northwest Registered Agent
- Should you operate NPOs, Sole Proprietorships, Corporations (and so on) some of these services can help you with forming these desired business structures.
ZenBusiness is the number one ranked choice according to specialists from TRUiC. It is ideal and well-adapted for entrepreneurs operating smaller businesses. It costs $39 per year (plus state fees). In all packages offered, ZenBusiness includes essential products to form your LLC:
- Registered agent service
- Complimentary operating agreement
- CPA assessment (this provides you with a professional evaluation of your company’s finances as well as a recommendation of a CPA specifically suited to your business ( with a bonus of no additional charge).
Moreover, you can upgrade your package to ZenBusiness Pro to enjoy additional features (such as domain name registration). If your business has goals of gaining visibility, growing and protecting the privacy of your company, you can upgrade to ZenBusiness’s Premium package ($249 + state fee). This will grant you add-ons like business email, website, and domain privacy.
If you would like your formation service to go beyond only forming your LLC for you, Rocket Lawyer may be the best choice for you. A unique feature which they offer is a subscription-based model for ongoing legal assistance with premium members gaining access to legal documents, advice, and more.
TRUiC has teamed up with Rocket Lawyer to form an attractive offer of a “New Business Bundle”, where you can expect benefits such as:
- An exclusive discount of over 45% off. Cost: ($349.99 + State fees)
- Free Incorporation Service
- 1 Year of Registered Agent Services
- 1-Year Legal Services:
- Expert legal advice
- Easy-to-use legal documents and contracts such as Operating Agreements
- Exclusive discounts on future services
- Excellent customer support
- And more
If you are operating your business on a limited budget but still require lots of beneficial features, Incfile is a good option. Cost: ($0 + State fees) unless you add on features. If so, expect a fee of $249 + state fee.
Northwest Registered Agent
All essential services needed to ensure the legal formation of an LLC can be found with Northwest. Their registered agent services are included/free in their basic packages for $49 plus state fee ($125 every following year). Additionally, there is the benefit of excellent customer support.
A respected and popularly known formation service is LegalZoom. Their services go beyond LLC formation, extending to providing tax advice, attorney help, and access to legal forms. However, with these excellent benefits comes a larger fee.