Mixing CBD’s tincture to your pet food is something that you may have to consider if you aren’t doing it today. CBD or cannabidiol products are hot topics since they can be used to treat many medical conditions like arthritis, cancer, and more. Let’s check out is CBD Oil For Dogs And Cats Legal?
When it comes to CBD, many people are confused because it came from the same plant as marijuana. But the two are different from each other.
We can use dogs as examples. Some of the tame ones belong to a species called Canis lupus. Know more about Canis lupus when you click here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/biochemistry-genetics-and-molecular-biology/canis-lupus. Under this classification, we will be able to find a whole range of other breeds. For example, a chihuahua is very different from a rottweiler, although they are from the same species. But their demeanor, size, and looks are different.
The comparison above is the same for marijuana and CBD. Cannabis sativa is what many people call the plant, but this is a generalized classification.
The cannabis sativa has two different strains, and these are marijuana and hemp. Both are cannabis, but their overall quality and properties differ. Some of the Cannabis sativa plant strains are used to make the industrial fiber from hemp, while others get the psychoactive extracts of marijuana from it.
Wait, Is CBD Oil For Dogs And Cats Legal?
Even if cannabidiol came from the cannabis plant, it has medicinal and therapeutic properties that make it legal. The cannabis plant has a lot of compounds, but two of them are the most popular. It is essential to understand the role of THC and CBD in the body to determine their legalities.
THC or tetrahydrocannabinol has psychoactive properties. This means that it can affect your pets’ way of thinking, and they can even have adverse effects if you administer THC that is more than 30% on your pet cat. CBD, on the other hand, has cannabinoids that interact with your pets’ ECS.According to cannabislaw.report, cannabinoids can improve your furry friends’ appetite, sleep, mood, and anxiety.
What to Look for in CBD Products
If possible, look for full-spectrum ones mixed with phytochemicals, terpenes, and other cannabinoids that can improve the effect of cannabidiol in your pet’s bodies. You also need to choose organic superfood, and you can view this product on the link provided. They should be specially formulated for your pets, and the ingredients should contain no preservatives or additives.
Other Ways to Ensure CBD Oil For Dogs And Cats Legal
- Hemp-Derived Cannabidiol Oil – It is important to keep in mind that only products made from hemp are legal in all 50 states in the US. What’s more, the hemp-derived extracts are the only ones that are safe for pet consumption since they contain about 0.3% of THC. Always read the labels carefully and choose only the oil products that were extracted from hemp.
- Always Go with Full-Spectrum CBD – Most companies are selling a product called isolate. To create the strains, manufacturers separate cannabidiol from other essential compounds of the cannabis plant. Most companies may tell you that the result is a purer form of CBD, but a study in 2015 found out that this is not so.
The full-spectrum CBD is always the best choice because it contains over a hundred other compounds that can benefit your pet’s health. Many companies may continue to promote the isolate because these products are cheaper to manufacture. As a pet parent, you have to ensure that you are giving the best products out there for your pet cat and dog, so always choose the full-spectrum bottles.
- All Natural and Organic CBD Oil – Something that you don’t want to happen is to purchase oil that is filled with pesticides and chemically modified seeds. These toxins are harmful to the soil, but they can also have adverse effects on the health of your pets.
You need to ensure that the quality of the oil that you are purchasing is organic and all-natural. Most manufacturers in the US can grow hemp plants and create hemp products that are corn-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, and gluten-free. These qualities will surely be beneficial to the overall wellness of your furry pets.
- Products that are NASC-Certified – The creation of the National Animal Supplement Council ensured that the supplement industry for pets is being regulated. Most of the trusted companies that manufacture CBD oil choose to be certified by NASC because they want to tell their customers that they are meeting the industry’s highest standards.
If the oil is NASC-compliant, you can rest assured that you are getting a brand that is dedicated to your dogs and cats’ safety. They have premium products that passed the council’s high standards, and you can trust them when it comes to the overall quality of the CBD oil.
- Choose Products that have COA – The certificate of analysis is an essential factor that will tell you a CBD oil product is safe to consume. If a particular company can’t provide you with this document, consider it a red flag.
The cannabidiol market is very competitive, and it’s pretty standard for many manufacturers to make false promises and claims. Some studies have even analyzed oil samples and discovered that they don’t have any level of CBD whatsoever! With this in mind, you must get the certificate of analysis to reveal the real levels of cannabinoids in the product that you have chosen for your pets.