It’s no secret that the COVID-19 crisis has led to the growth of eCommerce. According to a 2020 United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, internet sales surged from 16 to 19 percent in 2020. And experts predict that this trend of digital shopping will continue to grow even after the pandemic. Let’s see the best ways to gain a massive following and traffic to the fashion site.
One of the most popular niches in eCommerce is apparel. In fact, if you already have a thriving offline clothing brands store, there is no better time to open an online store than now.
But as many online boutique retailers will tell you, opening an eCommerce fashion site is the easy part; the hard nut to crack is driving traffic to your site. Just because this niche is popular doesn’t mean you’ll get instant access to customers. In fact, you may find it harder to drive traffic to your site as customers expect you to use more innovative marketing ways, such as live broadcasts from sites such as Famelink.
But not to worry as we will help you.
In this article, we give you five of the most effective ways you can use to increase traffic to your online fashion store.
1. Market Your Store on Social Media
The visual nature of social sites such as Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook makes it easier to market clothing and other fashion accessories. The conventional way of boosting fashion stores traffic through social media is by posting videos and photos of new styles and designs. This will generate curiosity among your followers and encourage them to visit your online shop.
Ensure you also share discounts, deals, offers, and promotions on your social media sites, and don’t forget to create urgency. Urgency is a compelling reason for most customers to make a purchase. So, when offering discounts, use words such as ‘limited products available,’ ‘offer closing soon,’ ‘ grab some while stock lasts.’
Other ways you can leverage social media to market your online store include:
- Use of user-generated content – UGC acts as social proof as it’s a recommendation from customers who are already wearing your items
- Add a shop section on your Facebook business page – Social shopping allows your customers to shop directly on a social site interface, reducing their purchase path.
- Use the right hashtags – Use of the right hashtags in social sites such as Instagram results in better engagement
- Post regularly – Posting frequently on social media increases your following and engagement. It also makes your audience anticipate your posts
- Share customer reviews on your social sites –Sharing reviews you have received from your buyers on social media builds trust in your brand among potential buyers
- Align your social content with trending topics – To reach more customers, ensure your posts are relevant. Connecting your posts with trending topics does precisely that.
2. Optimize Your Site for Mobile Users
Most of your potential customers do their shopping on their mobile phones. This is why you should make your fashion site mobile-optimized.
Ensure you resize your images for mobile so that they are clear on smartphones. In addition, use a short copy that is straight to the point. Many mobile users aren’t willing to keep on scrolling to read long copies.
Most importantly, ensure your site is mobile-optimized. Constantly check that a mobile user can complete the whole purchase process successfully. Further, integrate your site with mobile payment options and add mobile phone numbers which smartphone users can use to reach you.
3. Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing works because the marketing is done by real people who your customers know and respect.
Influencers are social media users with a big following who can help promote your fashion site. They also benefit when they market your products as they also get a following from your community. Besides, it’s possible to tap into the experience and knowledge that an influencer has by identifying what works for brand promotion. Influencers can also become your brand customers and give you feedback that can help improve your products.
However, not every social media influencer is right for your brand. You need to identify and connect with influencers that are a good fit for your brand and those with high engagement rates.
4. Fast Speed and Easy Navigation
How long does your fashion site take to load?
If your site’s loading speed is more than three seconds, then you could be losing about half of your visitors. And you can bet that most of these visitors will never revisit your store.
You also need to ensure that your site is user-friendly, allowing your shoppers to quickly get what they want. Put your product catalog on the homepage and add a ‘start shopping’ icon.
Further, clearly state what you’re selling and use high-quality photos to encourage your shoppers to buy. Don’t forget to simplify the check-out process and to include clear calls to action.