Everyone is familiar with the natural tonic named apple cider vinegar with the mother. ACV is an immensely popular drink among health-conscious citizens. The praise this drink got is only because of its medicinal values and healing properties. People are using ACV as a medicinal drink for ages, and it is still relevant in this twenty-first century.
What is ACV?
ACV is nothing but a type of vinegar whose primary ingredient is apple juice. So first, the apples are squeezed to extract the juice. Then the yeast is added with the apple juice. The task of the yeast is to convert the sugar present in the apple juice into alcohol. Then the bacteria are added to ferment the apple juice, where the alcohol converts into acetic acid. Approximately five to six percent of the ACV contains acetic acid. This acetic acid has a healing property for which ACV has such popularity.
What is apple cider vinegar with the mother?
Apple cider vinegar with the mother is nothing but an unrefined and unfiltered version of normal ACV. In the case of the ACV with the mother, the bacteria added to ferment the apple juice are not filtered. That is why ACV with the mother has a murky and cloudy appearance. When the bacteria are filtered, it appears to be transparent and clear and results in normal ACV. As we have mentioned earlier, ACV has healing properties due to its acetic acid content. Now the ACV with the mother also contains many beneficial bacteria along with protein and yeast. That is why it has many beneficial effects on human health.
How to take apple cider vinegar with the mother?
Always try to remember, consuming a large amount of ACV with the mother is not healthy. First, you need to dilute it before consumption. One teaspoon or 20 ml of ACV should be diluted with at least eight ounces of water. Consuming a large amount of ACV might increase the acetic acid concentration in the stomach. As a result, your stomach might get upset and harm your health in many other ways. So limit yourself to one teaspoon of ACV consumption.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar with the mother
Here are some of the benefits of having the best form of ACV:
Maintain healthy blood sugar level
In today’s world, high or fluctuating blood sugar level is a headache for a large portion of the population. In this regard, the consumption of ACV with the mother delays the stomach emptying process. That means no sudden spike in blood sugar level, which maintains the blood sugar level at a healthy point.
Help in weight loss
Stressful life and unfiltered eating of junk food lead to an overweight problem for many people. Regular drinking of apple cider vinegar leads to a feeling of fullness. It means you will eat less because you feel full. Now because of eating less, your calorie intake will decrease. Now your body will be in a calorie deficit. Because of this calorie deficit, your body will burn the excess fat present in your body. Eventually, you will lose weight and become healthy.
Improve insulin sensitivity
Drinking ACV helps in infusing more glucose into the cells of your body from your blood. That means the insulin level of your blood will be in check. Regulated insulin level means regulated blood sugar level.
Another benefit one can get from regular drinking of apple cider vinegar with the mother is regulated blood pressure and cholesterol level. People suffering from high blood sugar and cholesterol level have a risk of a heart attack. Now regulated cholesterol level and blood pressure means a healthy heart.
Because of being unfiltered, the ACV with the mother contains many beneficial bacteria. When consumed, this culture of beneficial bacteria triggers a large number of antibodies in the human body. So, one who daily consumes ACV with the mother is less likely to fall ill.
Cure Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD has become a headache for many female populations. Irregular menstrual cycle and increase of androgen hormone causing hormonal imbalance are the symptoms of PCOD. If you regularly take one tablespoon of ACV with eight ounces of water after dinner, it can cure PCOD. After three months of regular drinking of ACV, you will find yourself having a regular menstrual cycle.
Side effects of drinking ACV with the mother
While we have discussed the benefits of drinking ACV, its side effects are not ignored. When one drinks a large amount of ACV, its side effects start to creep in.
- Upset stomach:the acetic acid concentration in the stomach increases with the drinking of a large amount of ACV. The increased concentration of acetic acid causes inflammation and severe pain in the stomach.
- Loss of appetite:high acetic acid concentration in the stomach also creates a feeling of fullness, resulting in the loss of appetite. ACV also slows down the process of food, leaving the stomach and entering the lower intestine. As a result, one loses his appetite.
- Change in bowel movement:excessive consumption of ACV may result in adding water in the bowel. In other words, your stool may become more watery, which may result in the form of diarrhea.
- Unhealthy teeth:there is no iota of doubt that excessive intake of any acidic beverage results in a damaged enamel of the teeth. The same goes for the excessive consumption of ACV. As it contains acetic acid, drinking a large amount of it means severe harm to the enamel of our teeth.
- Increased acid reflux symptoms:people who are suffering from acid reflux symptoms should stay away from excessive consumption of this drink. The acetic acid present in it might worsen the situation for them.
So, the bottom line is, ACV benefits are only viable when consumed in a measured amount. ACV side effects will immediately creep in as soon as one starts drinking it excessively.