Nowadays, clear skin is all the rage. After all, who doesn’t want smooth, radiant, and blemish-free skin? However, acne is a common problem for almost all of us. Especially if you have an oily skin type, you might have a difficult time keeping your pimples at bay.
Have you heard of benzoyl peroxide? There has been a buzz about this and how it is one of the most effective acne-fighting ingredients. After all, this claim was verified by the American Academy of Pediatrics. To know more about these benzoyl peroxide face cleansers and scrubs, read on!
Table of Contents
Benzoyl peroxide 101
For starters, benzoyl peroxide is an active ingredient of different over-the-counter spot treatments, gels, and cleansers. Depending on the severity of your acne, you can purchase benzoyl peroxide cleansers in different concentrations.
Benzoyl peroxide is a safe ingredient with a bactericidal effect on the most common acne-causing bacteria. Furthermore, benzoyl peroxide can clear out the build-up from clogged pores with its comedolytic effect. Also, this ingredient can calm down red and inflamed pimples due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
How do you use a benzoyl peroxide cleanser?
To prevent further skin irritation, you must ensure that you are applying benzoyl peroxide properly. Not using benzoyl peroxide regularly may prevent it from taking effect. On the other hand, overusing benzoyl peroxide may cause further inflammation and dry your skin out.
Follow these steps for safe benzoyl peroxide use!
- Choose a benzoyl peroxide product depending on your preference and skin concern. Make sure to take note of the benzoyl peroxide concentration in the cleanser.
- Make your benzoyl peroxide cleanser a staple in your skincare routine, preferably at night.
- Dampen your skin with water and massage a small amount of your cleanser.
- Rinse off thoroughly using warm water, and pat your face dry.
- Since benzoyl peroxide may be drying, remember to apply a face moisturizer after.
- Limit your benzoyl peroxide cleanser use to once a day. If this is too drying for your skin, you may want to reduce your benzoyl peroxide usage to 2-3 times a week.
What are the benefits of a benzoyl peroxide cleanser?
If you have oily and acne-prone skin, a benzoyl peroxide cleanser may solve most of your skin problems! Numerous individuals vouch for the anti-acne effect of benzoyl peroxide. Here are some of the well-known benefits of this wonder product.
- Combat bacteria that are known to cause acne
- Control the oil production of your facial sebaceous glands
- Reduce irritation and redness on your face due to breakouts
- Remove pore impurities and dead skin cells
- Prevent future breakouts for clear skin
Benzoyl peroxide may be the ultimate solution to your skin worries. This wonder ingredient has the potential to help you with excess oil and acne. Remember that benzoyl peroxide cleansers are safe and effective acne treatment products: as long as you use them properly!
Include these cleansers in your skincare kits for clearer and glowing skin. See the results for yourself and try benzoyl peroxide today. Before you know it, you will be bidding your acne goodbye!