LED strip lights also known as LED tape or ribbon lights are gaining popularity due to their versatility and small structure. They are rapidly being utilised in the domestic, commercial, retail, and health care area, in addition to being the most preferred alternative for ornamental purposes. However, what distinguishes them from traditional lights is that they can be put in even the most unreachable locations in the most innovative way to give the necessary light. In this blog, you will get Everything you need to know about LED strip lights.
Table of Contents
What thing makes them so simple to use?
An LED strip light is a versatile circuit board with numerous tiny individual LED emitters placed at regular intervals along the strip. They are available in a variety of lengths and thicknesses, with self-adhesive tape on the back for easy installation. This makes it very simple for consumers to mount or adhere the lights to various surfaces. The strips are slim and narrow and can be bent up to 90 degrees, allowing for a wide range of installation angles. They are excellent for installation in small and limited areas and may be trimmed to the precise length needed. They may also be used on curved and angled areas.
Varieties of LED Striplight: LED strip lights are classified into two types: flexible and rigid. Because the flexible LED strip light is incredibly soft, it may be bent without being harmed. The strip is very thin, about the thickness of a penny. These versatile striplights may be sliced at random to form any design or shape. As a result, they can also be utilised for decoration. To check new varieties of LED strip lights you can visit led light strip ideas.
Hard LED strip lights are made with PCBs with an LED assembly and various distinct components for different functionalities. Because of their hard exterior, these strip lights cannot be twisted or stretched and hence cannot be put on rough surfaces. They do, however, include quick-connect end caps and a light-diffusing casing, making them appropriate for use beneath cabinets and as show lighting. LED hard strip lights are simple to repair.
Benefits of LED strip light:
- Another significant advantage is that LED strips are easily recyclable, making them highly environmentally friendly. Furthermore, they are free of hazardous substances such as mercury, which may end up harming the environment. One disadvantage of conventional bulbs is that they generate a large amount of heat, which harms the environment and wastes more energy.
- LED strips, unlike incandescent and halogen lights, do not emit hazardous heat. They emit a small amount of heat that is moderate in nature. They are quite safe to use because to their low carbon emissions.
- Unlike incandescent lights, all LED strips may be dimmed when connected with the appropriate equipment. Dimming LED strips may be accomplished using either the classic phase-cut wall-dimmer or the DC low-voltage dimmer.
- LED strip lights consume 90% less energy than conventional lighting alternatives. They use significantly less energy when operating, which helps to lower power expenses. The energy usage of LED strips is calculated on a per meter basis. A typical meter of LED lighting consumes around 7.2 watts of power, whereas fluorescent lights consume approximately 15 watts.
- LED strip lights may be used efficiently and properly for 50,000 hours if installed appropriately on a metal surface. Despite filament and fluorescent lights, they do not emit much heat and do not bounce or buzz when power is passed through them. As a result, the lifespan of LED strip lights is several times that of conventional lights.
How to determine the quality of LED Striplights?
To guarantee that you only buy high-quality LED strip lights, you must first assess their brightness, which would be measured in lumens. The lumens of all LED strips are not always the same. As a result, customers should consider the lumens/length necessary for various applications. Following that, the circuit board plays an important part in managing increased power. Because high amounts of electric current flow through each component of the circuits, the design, and durability of the circuit board are critical. The material properties also play a vital role in order to minimize the negative impacts of more power.
A copper of excellent grade is appropriate for high bright Led strips. It should be noticed that high-quality LED strips have an additional white color coating. Such strips improve light reflectance and total light production. This final step is frequently skipped in cheaper LED strips, leaving the copper exposed. This can have a negative impact on the light’s brilliance and hue. If you want to buy quality LED products and get more detail about the prices of LED then you can visit – https://www.lepro.com/.
Instructions for Installation:
One of the distinguishing characteristics of LED strip lights is their ability to be trimmed to the desired length. Striplight cutting would be both safe and simple. This simplifies the installation procedure and eliminates the need for a specialist or expert. However, for longevity and the greatest effects, LED striplight installation must be done correctly. Cutting points are given every 5cm or 10cm.