There’s no better time to try a new hairstyle than the start of a new season. Balayage is an amazing technique to spice up your black hair if you’re looking for a way to give it a completely new gorgeous look. Balayage is especially popular with celebrities, typically requires far less maintenance than traditional color, and causes less damage to your hair.
This technique involves coloring to create a natural-looking, sun-kissed effect while focusing on selected strands on the top layers of the hair. The best part is that your hair will look just as stunning when it starts to grow without needing touch-ups. The technique uses patches of light and shade to create multiple dimensions of the color.
Balayage can achieve various looks, from natural and subtle to bold and dramatic. If you like your black hair color and want to create something interesting, this technique is a must-try!
Balayage Hairstyles for Black Hair
Consider yourself blessed because so many colors will look fantastic with your black hair. You can look stunning with one of these options.
- Red balayage. Red and black balayage is a popular choice for those looking to add a pop of color to their hairstyles. It has a wide shade range and can make a stunning effect from a hint to vibrant color.
- Burgundy balayage. This deep color is the perfect way to add a touch of color to dark hair. It is the way to go if you need to add a little personality to your look.
- Rose gold melt balayage. This hairstyle looks incredibly impressive with pink and peach undertones. The transition from dark natural color to unnatural highlights gives a flawless look with colors so far apart on the spectrum.
- Gray balayage. Ideal for people with cool-toned skin. The transitory brown tones should be toned and painted with gray color. The blend of colors is ideal for women with thin and fine hair.
- Brown balayage. This warm tone works fantastic for fine-haired women with medium-length hair. Subtle brown highlights provide the natural sun-kissed look.
- Copper balayage. Copper balayage is a great way to add a touch of warmth to your hair. Black and copper hair colors provide a unique and eye-catching combo.
- Black to white balayage. Black and white is a popular choice because it provides a stark contrast. It’s great for those who want to try something new and different without unnatural colors.
- Lavender balayage. Black hair provides the perfect base for lavender hues. For black hair, choose a lighter shade of lavender.
- Blue balayage. Blue balayage is one of the most striking hair color combinations that you can achieve. This color can add a bit of flair if that’s what you were looking for.
- Dark hair face frame balayage. This technique highlights the face and frame it. It creates a soft, natural-looking gradient of color that is perfect for adding a touch of dimension to your look.
With this technique, you can achieve a look you couldn’t even dream of. To enjoy your balayage on maximum, follow some tips:
- To find the right shade, consider your skin tone and the overall look you’re trying to achieve. A professional colorist will help you find the shade that looks the most flattering for you.
- Some at-home balayage kits are on the market, but balayage is best left to the professionals. The benefit of having a professional applying your color is that they’ll be able to tell you what’s achievable on your hair.
- Using a color-protecting shampoo for a balayage with unnatural bold or pastel colors becomes crucial to keep out brassy tones. Choose products that do not contain silicones or sulfates, and avoid washing your hair daily.