Every year, hundreds and even thousands of people suffer as a result of road accidents. No one is insured from an accident – neither an excellent motorist nor a person who has never violated the law. Weather, deterioration in health, other circumstances – all these factors do not depend on who is driving at a particular moment. If an accident has already happened, and even with a fatal outcome, then without the help of an accident lawyer, you simply cannot secure your claim. A car accident attorney can help you in your case and ensure you secure compensation for the harm or damages you’ve suffered.
Most people always ask the question, are settlements taxable? This is one area your accident attorney can brief you guided by your region’s laws. There are several other duties an accident attorney plays in your case, which we will look at in detail.
Table of Contents
Car Accident: What Can Lead to Death
No one is immune from an accident. So, what can lead to a sad outcome?
- Violations like speeding, not using protective equipment like seat belts, and driving while intoxicated.
- Factors that do not depend on the driver include capricious nature, difficult climatic conditions, and, of course, fatigue.
- Distractions like talking on the phone, talking to passengers, tuning the radio, listening to music, etc.
- Wrong driving shoes like high heels or slippery sandals.
The Role of a Car Accident Attorney in a Crash
An experienced and competent specialist will help you in your case from beginning to end, from preliminary investigation to consideration in court and the issuance of its decision. The lawyer is immediately fully immersed in the case. Your car accident attorney will play the following roles:
- gets acquainted with the materials (studies and analyzes all the circumstances – place, time, motives, and other factors, draws a causal relationship, outlines a legal position);
- gives the necessary explanations on the case (the accident lawyer works directly with you, explains in detail all his arguments and thoughts, and also contacts the state structures conducting the case);
- collects the evidence base (it is on this element that success in court depends: only a competent specialist can collect the necessary evidence, skillfully “include” it in the case);
- additionally attracts the necessary specialists (accident cases are always accompanied by multiple examinations, it is the lawyer who will help to attract additional specialists to specify individual facts or confirm/refute them);
- Represents you in court throughout the process (defines a clear legal position and adheres to it until the final decision is made, after which he helps you appeal it).
Bold attempts to solve the case on your own usually lead to collapse. In cases involving a fatal outcome in an accident, a lawyer is a mandatory component since this is criminal liability. Who and how he will defend your honor if you are behind the accident is up to him to decide. But it is important to know that only a qualified accident lawyer of the legal assistance center can do everything correctly and competently.